Art UK

I was tipped off today that the website Art UK has a facility whereby one can find out where works by Royal Academicians are located.   You can indeed.   You google Art UK and then put Royal Academician into the search facility.   You then have the option of searching by artwork or, at least as interesting, by location.   There is a map which shows you how many works there are by Royal Academicians in Cambridge (151) and you can then highlight exactly where they are in more detail (actually, only 40 works in the City of Cambridge itself).   I looked to see what works by Royal Academicians belong to my old college, King’s College, which has a rich art collection and then remembered that it is one of only three institutions in the whole of the British Isles which, in a total dog-in-the-manger-ish way, has refused to participate in this nationally significant exercise in the listing of artworks.   In case you think this odd, I do too.


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s